Join now - be part of our community!

RESTART PROBLEM

SOLVED
Not applicable

RESTART PROBLEM

I've only had the phone a few days and there is a problem that when the phone is off and i put on charge it restarts??? I phoned the t-mobile shop where i got it and all he said was have a look at the website. Any ideas what is the cause of this problem? i've already spoken to t-mobile who have agreed to either exchange or go for another make/model.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

You can upgrade it to Android 2.1! Seriously if the phone is a UK model then I am pretty sure that all UK carriers have released the update by now for the big X10's.

Download Sony Ericsson Update Service http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/phones/topic/1.433308/xperiax10?cc=gb&lc=en and follow the on screen instructions - it will tell you whether there is an upgrade available.  This will wipe your phone totally so make sure you have your contacts saved to your SD card or synced.  SMS can be backed up with SMS Backup and Restore app from the market and any apps you have downloaded your can save a list of using Appbrain on your phone and also loggin on to Apprbrain on your PC.

Sony has its own back up and restore but you MUST make sure you have the new version installed not the one that came supplied on your phone as it is not compatible with 2.1.  I prefer to use the individual measures above rather than rely on one application, certainly make sure you maintain a copy of your contacts elsewhere if nothing else.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
suze
Leader

Odd question, on the unlock screen do you have a curved arc to unlock or straight across slide?  If it is a curve then you are on 1.6 then staying on or restarting when charging is perfectly normal.  If it is straight across then you are on 2.1 and you should be able to charge with the phone switched off.

As you haven't mentioned your location, if you are still on 1.6 you may be able to update to the higher version of Android so if you tell us where you are then hopefully we can help clarify the position.

Not applicable

Thanks for the info. all my old phones were able to be swithced off when they were on charge. Hence, my concern. The phone has the 'arc' on it and i'm in carmarthen, west wales, uk. is there anyway i can show the phone as off line when it's on charge?

thanks again D

suze
Leader

You can upgrade it to Android 2.1! Seriously if the phone is a UK model then I am pretty sure that all UK carriers have released the update by now for the big X10's.

Download Sony Ericsson Update Service http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/phones/topic/1.433308/xperiax10?cc=gb&lc=en and follow the on screen instructions - it will tell you whether there is an upgrade available.  This will wipe your phone totally so make sure you have your contacts saved to your SD card or synced.  SMS can be backed up with SMS Backup and Restore app from the market and any apps you have downloaded your can save a list of using Appbrain on your phone and also loggin on to Apprbrain on your PC.

Sony has its own back up and restore but you MUST make sure you have the new version installed not the one that came supplied on your phone as it is not compatible with 2.1.  I prefer to use the individual measures above rather than rely on one application, certainly make sure you maintain a copy of your contacts elsewhere if nothing else.

suze
Leader

Not applicable

Suze, many thanks for your help, i know where i'm going now x

suze
Leader

No worries... just holler if you need anything else!