Join now - be part of our community!

My X10 mini only has chinese input method, HELP!

SOLVED
Not applicable

My X10 mini only has chinese input method, HELP!

As the title says, my X10 mini only has Chinese input method for text. Where can I get English language or any other solutions to that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sushidushi
Contributor

On the big X10, if you go to compose a message and press and hold the area where you go to enter text, the phone will come up with options including 'Input Method'.  Is this the same on the mini>?  If so, if you select 'Input Method', does it come up with different options?  For example, mine gives three options: 'Standard keyboard', 'Japanese keyboard' and 'Android keyboard'.  If it is the same, select 'Standard keyboard' or 'Android keyboard' and you'll lose the Japanese characters.

If you mean that you've checked this and you really only have an option for Chinese, I don't know what to suggest.  Phones for different regions come with different options, and I would guess that phones destined for China would have Chinese input and not a lot else.  So, if you imported your phone, it might be that it has software that differsd from that usually available in your country.

I do hope you meant the first of the two scenarios - it's a lot easier to fix!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sushidushi
Contributor

On the big X10, if you go to compose a message and press and hold the area where you go to enter text, the phone will come up with options including 'Input Method'.  Is this the same on the mini>?  If so, if you select 'Input Method', does it come up with different options?  For example, mine gives three options: 'Standard keyboard', 'Japanese keyboard' and 'Android keyboard'.  If it is the same, select 'Standard keyboard' or 'Android keyboard' and you'll lose the Japanese characters.

If you mean that you've checked this and you really only have an option for Chinese, I don't know what to suggest.  Phones for different regions come with different options, and I would guess that phones destined for China would have Chinese input and not a lot else.  So, if you imported your phone, it might be that it has software that differsd from that usually available in your country.

I do hope you meant the first of the two scenarios - it's a lot easier to fix!

Not applicable

Yeah the method you suggested applies to X10 mini as well. Thanks a lot! Although I found the solution by myself before I saw your reply haha! Thanks again! Upside-down_Face

sushidushi
Contributor

Glad you worked it out!  Both the Standard and the Android keyboards are for English input.  Now you know how to change between the different keyboards, you might want to see which you prefer.  Personally, I find the Android one to be a bit easier to use.

Not applicable

thanks a lot...it helps me out too