Join now - be part of our community!

My Number

SOLVED
Not applicable

My Number

Hi

On the settings tab/about phone/status there is a heading of My Number. On my x10 mini pro it just says Unknown. How do I change this to show my number so I can find it with ease without having to go into the phone book every time I am asked for my number?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

Ok so weird work around time... take your sim out of your shiny new smart phone and find an old dumb phone, SE or Samsung seem to work, pop your sim into the phone and go to the settings My Number part of the menu (can't give you more details as don't know what phone you'll be using!) enter your number and save.  Remove Sim from dumb phone, put back in smart phone and it should now be there.

The only time this doesn't always work is when you are porting a number from a different network.

Let us know if you get sorted!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
suze
Leader

Ok so weird work around time... take your sim out of your shiny new smart phone and find an old dumb phone, SE or Samsung seem to work, pop your sim into the phone and go to the settings My Number part of the menu (can't give you more details as don't know what phone you'll be using!) enter your number and save.  Remove Sim from dumb phone, put back in smart phone and it should now be there.

The only time this doesn't always work is when you are porting a number from a different network.

Let us know if you get sorted!

Not applicable

Thanks Suze

This has worked as now my number is displayed. Many Thanks

suze
Leader

Glad you got it sorted.  Thank god for dumb phones eh? Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

I knew it would be worth keeping the old SE W910i insted of selling it for scrap. Dumb phone to the rescue. Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

I tried this, but to no avail Slightly_frowning_Face

When I upgraded back in June, when I initially put my sim in the  phone, this displayed fine.  But, when I upgraded, the sales assistant  recommended that I get a new sim card (I'd had mine for seven and a half  years!) to make it speedier.  This it did.  But since changing to this  new sim, my phone does not display my number.  I've put the sim back in  my old phone, and followed the suggestions on here.  But it doesn't  work.  There are some PTT apps that need this to function.  There seem  to be lots of users with this issue.

Any ideas please?