Join now - be part of our community!

I can no longer switch off my phone

SOLVED
Athemos
Visitor

I can no longer switch off my phone

Hi

My problem is pretty simple, when I press my power button it works, but when I keep pressing the button to expect that the menu about flying mod and switching off the phone, I can press the button as long as I want this menu never appears and when I stop pressing the button it's simply switch on standy the phone.

So I'm wondering if there is a solution to allow me to switch of my phone again without having to repair it, by the way as I can't switch it off I didn't let the battery empty itself as I'm scared that I won't be able to swith on the phone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Athemos
Visitor

I tried what I said, I forced the switch off of my phone with the button below the battery, I have been able to switch on it normally and since this moment I can now switch Off/On my phone by holding the power button so my problem is solved Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Athemos

to narrow down the issue, what if you repair the phone with PCC and see if that works, if it doesn't then you will have to get it inspected by your Local support xperia care

software repair

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Athemos
Visitor

The thing is that I don't have an USB cable to connect my phone to my computer at the moment so I can't try to use PCC for now

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Athemos

there isn't anything else that I can think that can be suggested here. 

CameronT
Champion

Hi @Athemos,

Welcome to the community.

Does the power button function at all? As in, can you press it to wake the screen?

Have you tried a force shut down by holding the Power button + Volume up?

Athemos
Visitor

I'll try to get an USB cable to fix it with PCC if iy works.

Yes I can wake the screen, the thing is that I can hold the power button as long as I want it would only wake the screen.
Tried already, nothing happens
CameronT
Champion

@Athemos,

It's probably a good sign, It seems that the issue isn't a physical one so you should be able to repair it with the Software repair.

Athemos
Visitor

I'm wondering if I should try to force to switch off my phone with the off button below the battery, may it changes something ?

Athemos
Visitor

I tried what I said, I forced the switch off of my phone with the button below the battery, I have been able to switch on it normally and since this moment I can now switch Off/On my phone by holding the power button so my problem is solved Slightly_smiling_Face

CameronT
Champion

@Athemos, Glad to hear it! Slightly_smiling_Face