Join now - be part of our community!

How to handle Daylight Saving Time with calendar?

SOLVED
Not applicable

How to handle Daylight Saving Time with calendar?

Dear all,

I'm the new owner of an X10 and I'm, so far ;-), really happy about it. I still have an issue that prevent me to throw away my old Palm agenda.

I have a Google Calendar that is synchronised to both my Palm and now mu X10. I notice a strange "one hour shift" issue with my X10: every appointment after the Daylight Saving Time is shifted from one hour on the X10. I figure that this is related to the way the X10 handle the daylight saving: the automatic setting for the time zone is GMT+02:00:HMG+2:00 whereas Google calendar says correctly that Paris is on the GMt+01:00 with a one hour shift due to summer time. Is there a way to fix this issue that prevent me from using the agenda?

Yours,

Erwan Le Pennec

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

I use Jorte too and can't see anything in there about time settings. Is it that it can't back date time settings for appointments already made or does it still create the error with new appointments?

Will be interesting to see what info you get back from the dev as I love it sooooo much more than the standard calendar application.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
suze
Leader

Just a random thought, I read elsewhere that people were having time problems with having the network provided time settings.  Now I can't remember if it needed to be ticked or unticked  but what I wondered was have you tried having it set the opposite from what it is at the moment to see if that resolves the problem.  Its in Menu>Settings>Date & Time.

Not applicable

Thank you for the suggestion. Setting manually to the time zone "Central European Time" solves the issue in the official calendar. The hours are now correct after the DST change date. Unfortunately, this is not yet correct in Jorte the calendar I use. I will contact Jorte's programmer directly to mention the issue. If I receive an answer, I will publish it here.

suze
Leader

I use Jorte too and can't see anything in there about time settings. Is it that it can't back date time settings for appointments already made or does it still create the error with new appointments?

Will be interesting to see what info you get back from the dev as I love it sooooo much more than the standard calendar application.

Not applicable

Wow, Jorte works correctly now. I assume Jorte uses some cache and that I had to wait for a refresh! Thank you!

Update: it looks like restarting the phone is sufficient for this refresh...

Message was edited by: ErwanLePennec