Join now - be part of our community!

Email account issues

SOLVED
Not applicable

Email account issues

I have my yahoo email account set-up as my "default" account, however I have been experiencing difficulties with sending and receiving messages. Does anybody know how I can "DELETE" and start again?

As when I open the email page and go to accounts the only option I have is "add" so I have added my yahoo account again and set this new version as "default" however the old one is still there and I would like to delete.  Please help

I am on the 2.1 android version

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam
Legend
Legend

The easiest way would be to clear the data from the email program, to do this please follow the bellow steps:

Main Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Menu Button > Filter > All > Locate "Email" > Clear Data.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sam
Legend
Legend

The easiest way would be to clear the data from the email program, to do this please follow the bellow steps:

Main Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Menu Button > Filter > All > Locate "Email" > Clear Data.

Not applicable

Thank you for that I have completed that taskand found it very helpful.

I wondered though do you know if it is "best" to install the "imap" version or an application from the "market"

Just I think in my yahoo set-up advise on the computer email states that "imap" is more like your normal email account