Join now - be part of our community!

Can't sync hotmail/outlook and PC Companion is telling me I don't have Outlook

SOLVED
Not applicable

Can't sync hotmail/outlook and PC Companion is telling me I don't have Outlook

Today I joined the 21c and got an Xperia X10 mini pro.  Lovely phone but I need to update and sync my contacts from Outlook or Hotmail.  I gather Android refuses to work with Hotmail directly and Activesync doesn't work with Android 2.1.  So I was relieved when I saw that I could use PC Companion via Googlemail (although why I want yet another email account is beyond me), only to find that it is telling me I don't have Outlook installed on my PC.  I do!  It is Outlook 2010 and is a legal copy!

I am trying to love my new phone but right now I am very frustrated.  I just want my contacts and my calendar.  Can anybody help me?

Regards

Damian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

You can import your contacts from Hotmail or Outlook directly into Google online then sync your phone with Google.  I use Google for contacts and calendar rather than using PC Companion.  I have just Googled Hotmail to Google and got loads of help type pages.  Outlook to Gmail is either within Gmails help or Microsofts because I certainly used the tutorial to see how to do it... thought I'd bookmarked it for future use but clearly I wasn't that organised!

You could also have a look at this software for your PC which will then sync with your phone....http://www.fjsoft.at/en/highlight.php  this will sync between outlook and itself and then your phone.  It's a good tool to have to back up your numbers on your PC too.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
suze
Leader

You can import your contacts from Hotmail or Outlook directly into Google online then sync your phone with Google.  I use Google for contacts and calendar rather than using PC Companion.  I have just Googled Hotmail to Google and got loads of help type pages.  Outlook to Gmail is either within Gmails help or Microsofts because I certainly used the tutorial to see how to do it... thought I'd bookmarked it for future use but clearly I wasn't that organised!

You could also have a look at this software for your PC which will then sync with your phone....http://www.fjsoft.at/en/highlight.php  this will sync between outlook and itself and then your phone.  It's a good tool to have to back up your numbers on your PC too.

Not applicable

I didn't want to use gmail as my main calendar etc, simply pu I don't like it much but this software is great.

Not applicable

Just realised.  Didn't say thanks.  So thank you very much

suze
Leader

Glad you got sorted, even if it was by the roundabout route... as long as you get the result you need and are happy.  If you need anything else, you know where to shout! Enjoy your phone.