Join now - be part of our community!

Alarm does not work when phone is switched off

SOLVED
Not applicable

Alarm does not work when phone is switched off

Hi All,

In my new Sony X10 mini pro (android 1.6), ALARM do not work if the phone is switched off??

1. Is this normal in this model?
2. Do we need any other software to make alarm work when the phone is switched off?

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Er_Kannan
Contributor

I am not sure, but I think it won't work in Xperia.

Since Xperia is OS driven an alarm application cannot check time until the OS is working. So to my knowledge I think alrm will not work if you switch the phone off.

Once again I am not sure about it. I am not that familiar with android, but it won't work in windows.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
suze
Leader

Hello there, I don't have any answers but can I suggest you take a look at the box to the right of the screen 'More Like This' because it seems that there are plenty of other threads so you are not alone with this problem.  Have a scan through and see if anyone came up with a solution or at least a decent work around.

Er_Kannan
Contributor

I am not sure, but I think it won't work in Xperia.

Since Xperia is OS driven an alarm application cannot check time until the OS is working. So to my knowledge I think alrm will not work if you switch the phone off.

Once again I am not sure about it. I am not that familiar with android, but it won't work in windows.

Not applicable

No, it won't work when the phone is off. This is really stupid. You don't even get a notification of a missed alarm when you switch on the phone.

Not applicable

Will this be fixed in the 2.1 update or is it a hardware issue?

Not applicable

No idea. I am also a "victim" of Sony Ericsson x 10 mini pro.

Not applicable

Most of the chat about the forthcoming update revolves around the X10. I'm not really sure what it entails for the minis. All i know is every phone i've had before this has been able to wake up from the alarm, this is the first not to!  I suppose you could leave it plugged in and switched on all night but with the battery life been relatively short i turn it off to conserve batt. life. Anyway how long is your battery going to last if you leave it switched on all the time?

Er_Kannan
Contributor

Don't worry of the battery friend. Xperia is smart enough to prevent over charging. After 100% charging the phone stops charging. It starts charging again at around 95% (if you don't use the phone). It starts charging immediately if you use while plugged in but stops at 100%. You can have a look at this by going to Settings> About Phone> Status. So don't worry of leaving the phone plugged in overnight.

Not applicable

Put you phone in Flight Mode!!!!

Will help u save battery...:smileycool:

Not applicable

I will try that, thanks!