Join now - be part of our community!

STR-D1080 video issues with apple tv and sky q box connected to STRD 1080

profile.country.GB.title
forfarloon
New

STR-D1080 video issues with apple tv and sky q box connected to STRD 1080

i have an apple tv, sky q box and sony bluray player connected to a sony str d1080 amp, with output to a Benq projector. Blu-ray video and audio output are working fine. however i am getting degraded video images/ spiking on the videowhen using either the apple tv or the sky q box (audio is not affected).Ive done some basic problem solving like changing HDMI cables and switching inputs from the apple tv and sky q box  to the bluray input but no improvement. Can anyone help diagnose the issue? could it be a setting issue with the amp or with the apple tv and skyq box or video  signal incompatibility?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I'm looking into this and will update the thread when I have more information. 

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi forfarloon,

That's weird! Have you tried to reset the amp? The User Manual explains how to do this here: https://helpguide.sony.net/ha/strdn108/v1/en/contents/TP0001221267.html?search=reset

Hope this helps,

Vanilla_

profile.country.IE.title
cornelius1

Hi

I have the same problem (or similar) . The receiver selects the inputs itself, I have to restart the sat box receiver so it can be recognized by the AV , etc etc. . I'm getting the message 'no input detected... . Have tried everything that was supposed to resolve the issue - didn't solve the problem