Join now - be part of our community!

Sony setup losing signal / sound

profile.country.en_GB.title
barntomp
Visitor

Sony setup losing signal / sound

I've got a Sony Bravia TV hooked up to my Sony STR-DN1020 Amp via HDMI - not got a serious issue with this connection (apart from sometimes the Amp sticks on analog and won't produce a sound until I change the settings on the Amp).

I've also got a Sony Blu-Ray and a Sony HDD recorder plugged into the Amp via HDMI and the Amp is then outputting this to the TV via its HDMI output. I'm finding with both devices (leading me to believe it is the amp) that halfway through watching something the signal suddenly stops and the screen and sound goes blank, it'll then flicker back on then off again randomly. While this is happening the display on the amp just says "Video 1" (the source it is connected as) and the "HDMI" indicator flickers on and off.

Haven't got a clue what is happening, I've reset the amp and switched all devices on and off but it seems to happen at intermittant intervals and is really annoying and nothing seems to resolve it at the time. Luckily it happened during a Kevin Costner film earlier so that may have been a blessing in disguise!

Anyone got any ideas? Could it be a setting somewhere to do with the HDMI signal or should I get the amp sent back to Sony (although my local centre has just closed down)

0 REPLIES 0