Join now - be part of our community!

Randomly losing picture with BDP-S480 Blu Ray Player

profile.country.en_GB.title
winter14282
Visitor

Randomly losing picture with BDP-S480 Blu Ray Player

I reciently got a Sony BDP-S489 blu ray player and it works fine apart from a glitch that happens alot or not at all and I have no idea why.

I will be watching something and suddenly I will lose the picture and left with a black screen.  Then I seem to have to tune into the HDMI1 channel again to get it back.  But when I have the picture back it will continue to cut out every few seconds from then on and I have to restart the blu ray player to get it to work again.

I say randomly because during one film this did not happen at all.  Another, it was fine untill 45 minutes in then it was regularly cutting out after that.  With Game of Thrones at the moment its happening all over the place.

My TV is a Panasonic TX-32LXD60 and I got it about five years ago. The cable is a High-Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet. Do I have a faulty blu ray player?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi, firstly, make sure you have the latest firmware on your device. Details on how tO do this will be in the support pages on this website, but it's pretty painless. Following this, try a factory reset on the device. If that still doesn't work I'd try a different hdmi cable into maybe a different hdmi socket on the tv. Make sure the pana also has the latest software also.

Thanks

profile.country.fr_FR.title
lochou
Visitor

Strangely I can't see any part of Game of Thrones BD (French edition) neither. The disc goes and stops, and I don't get any picture after 10 mn or more. I even have to switch off the player by pushing the off/on button more than 10 sec because the remote control can't do anything more (eject button is unresponsive.)

No problem with other movies.

My BDP-S480 player is running M07.R.0615 already.