Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix launched in UK - Will it be added to BluRay players?

profile.country.en_GB.title
MaFtuk
Visitor

Netflix launched in UK - Will it be added to BluRay players?

Netflix has just launched in the UK this morning, will the Bluray players with 'internet tv' be updated to support this like they are with Love Film?

Also, how about adding ITV Player and 4OD? Pretty certain ITV Player is available on PS3 but not on the Sony BD players.

MaFt

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
nitram100
Visitor

I would really like to know this as well. I have an S380, the American version of the S380 has the netflix app so hopefully you can release firmware for the UK version?

My brothers sony ps3 has the netflix app and he is all up and running!

Please bring it soon.

flintst0ne
New

I am surprised Sony haven't yet announced an upgrade for Netflix to work on their Internet devices.  It would be a welcome addition as I recently spent Christmas in USA and the content there was excellent, much better than Lovefilms in the UK.  My hosts used Netflix all the time and the TV only for the News.  This could be the Sky film basher we have all been waiting for?

Come on Sony send out an update ASAP, so we can start using Netflix in anger :slight_smile:

flintst0ne
New

I have subsequently found out that Lovefilm have digital licensing in place to stream Sony films, so I wouldn't expect Netflix to arrive anytime soon on Sony Internet devices?

CheerZ

MaFtuk
Visitor

But the Netflix app is available ont eh PS3 (which is made by Sony) so that argument doesn't hold.

MaFt

profile.country.en_IE.title
kilcommins
Visitor

i need to know this as well because im considering getting netflix

ibunton
Visitor

I purchased a Sony BluRay player because it had iPlayer and Lovefilm while the samsung unit I did own did not. I am unsure about others but I watch more online content than disc based so not having netflix means I would be looking for an alternative. I like Sony and its products but it has to start looking after its customers.

podgerodge
Visitor

Very poor of Sony not to confirm things like this - I want to buy a Sony Blu Ray player and am holding off / looking elsewhere until this is confirmed.

SonyLegend
Visitor

Does anyone from Sony read these comments? I'm living in Ireland and bought the BDP-S370 a year ago... so no access to bbc iplayer or lovefilm, in fact no streaming options at all, bar youtube.... really need a firmware update to include the new Netflix app otherwise it's the sony out the window and look for an alternative option.

Would be great to have someone from sony comment on this link

JazzyJ192
Visitor

I am also waiting for this.