Join now - be part of our community!

Error files?!?

SOLVED
profile.country.no_NO.title
6chain6
Visitor

Error files?!?

I have streamed some .avi files from my computer, everything works fine.. *Thumbs up*
BUT, some of the files won't dissaper from the home cinema mediaserver, after I have deleted them from my shared folder on the computer..

And when I try to start the file from the mediaserver again, I only get an error message, that says something like "File is destroyd"

Can anyone tell me how to removed the files completely from the server?

Message was edited by: 6chain6

Message was edited by: 6chain6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

The Home Cinema system just reports what it can see, so it may well be the server software on the PC isn't refreshing itself very often. So the server software still has the asset in its content index table, even though it doesn;t actually exist as you have deleted it, and the home cinema kit is just looking at the content index thus it still appears on the TV.

See if you can increase the refresh rate of the software, certainly software like Serviio does a good job of this..

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

The Home Cinema system just reports what it can see, so it may well be the server software on the PC isn't refreshing itself very often. So the server software still has the asset in its content index table, even though it doesn;t actually exist as you have deleted it, and the home cinema kit is just looking at the content index thus it still appears on the TV.

See if you can increase the refresh rate of the software, certainly software like Serviio does a good job of this..

Thanks