Join now - be part of our community!

Bass dropping off Sony HT-ZF9 soundbar now-and-then

profile.country.GB.title
apjoseph

Bass dropping off Sony HT-ZF9 soundbar now-and-then

I recently purchased a Bravia KD65XG9505 TV and paired it with Sony HT-ZF9 soundbar.

All was going well for about 2 months. Suddenly, every-so-often – almost once every viewing of something, the bass totally drops off for a few seconds and all I hear is the treble from the soundbar.

It does not matter if it is on TiVo, Netflix/Amazon… or even if it is my Xbox, now and then the bass totally drops for a few seconds, maybe 10-30 seconds. It does automatically picks up.

The light on the sub stays green when this happens and the sound is definitely coming via the soundbar at the time, but no bass at all. There is a clear change in the sound.

I have changed the 4k compatible HDMI cable and the problem still persists.

I am unable to find anything similar here on the board or online. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is my bar/sub faulty?

I do have a Linksys Velop Mesh node sitting on top of the sub, but it has always been there from day one and the issue only started a couple of weeks ago.

Any advice/assistance will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Arun

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @apjoseph  :slight_smile:

I suspect there may not be a quick fix for this.

If you've checked the connections and cables then it may be time to perform a reset on your

soundbar to see if it helps.

Have a look at page 78 of this  if you're unsure of how to

Failing that its probably best to contact Sony Support about this.

Contact details here 

profile.country.GB.title
apjoseph

Thanks for your message, but sadly, no, it did not fix the issue.

I called the retailer and they are sending in an engineer on Monday. Will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Arun