Join now - be part of our community!

Sony STR-DN1080 AV / Receiver Remote control problems.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
chinoko1948
Explorer

Sony STR-DN1080 AV / Receiver Remote control problems.

Hi, just before Christmas 2017, I bought a brand new AV Receiver STR-DN 1080, since then I have experienced problems with the Remote Control. It will work for a time, then decides to freeze, contacted  Peter Tyson electronic dealers who sold the unit, they offered me a replacement Remote Control after a time the same problem occurs, I recontacted the seller and it was decided to return the receiver for their technicians to inspect. The unit was returned to me early part of January 2018, I have not used till a week ago, regretfully the problem is still occuring.

Has any members experienced thIs type of problem, would be interesting to know !!!!!!

Awaiting any response or result, thanking you kindly.

Regards :- chinoko1948

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi chinoko1948,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. 

I would recommend getting in touch with Sony Support for further advice.

Thanks,

Sean Mc

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
chinoko1948
Explorer

Hi, thanks for your response, my AV Receiver was sent back to the Supplier to have a full check up, along with the remote control. After a week the unit was returned , but no fault could be found. The Remote Control works & plays up at periodic intervals.

All the best. 

Regards :-  chinoko1948

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi chinoko1948,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. 

I would recommend getting in touch with Sony Support for further advice.

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
chinoko1948
Explorer

Hi, thanks for your response, my AV Receiver was sent back to the Supplier to have a full check up, along with the remote control. After a week the unit was returned , but no fault could be found. The Remote Control works & plays up at periodic intervals.

All the best. 

Regards :-  chinoko1948