Join now - be part of our community!

Repair link.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
straightbanana

Repair link.

I rang in to Sony to complain about my Sony RX100Mk2.

They felt that they would be able to provide me with new firmware and repair my camera as to my specifications, guaranteed, I recorded the conversation.

They gave me a repair case id and a link to how I am supposed to order the repair online.

The email is as follows:

Thank you for calling Sony support.

As per our phone call, kindly find below the link for online repair registration for your camera (model no: DSC-RX100):

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair

Please write the model number in the search box, then click on "Register your repair".

Best Regards,
Sara

SONY SUPPORT TEAM
SUPPORT: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en

Firstly I have a Sony RX100Mk11 and secondly I have been looking for this mythical "Register your repair" link but cannot for the life of me see it.

Any clues or help would be greatfully received.

Regards

SB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Straightbanana,

Good news..:smileyhappy:

Thanks to my contact I have been informed that someone will be in contact with you today which hopefully will lead to a solution for you..

Could you confirm that you have been contacted please.?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Does the following screenshots help? 

Add "DSC-RX100" into the box, and click search.  Another option will then open up, to "Register your repair".

Follow the on-screen instructions, and when you go through, you will be given another option to narrow down the model number.

EX2.jpg

EX3.jpg

Hope that helps.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
straightbanana

Hmm. Are you on a PC?

I have a Mac. I have also tried Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox. 

This is a no go for me.

I assume I must be doing something wrong as why would the online repair system online be available to PC users?

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
straightbanana

Ah Hold on.

There is no repair option for a RX100m2, it would appear the product is too new, the systems are not in place to deal with queries about it and the coders have not updated the system to deal with repair requests yet.

Another reason to have this camera returned.

I have been able to bring up a check list via the RX100 but as the RX100 does not have a hot shoe, or wifi my problem is not listed. What am I suppose to do now.

This is such a useless system.

I need to make a complaint about an unfinished product, that is not doing what it was described to do and and repair system which is woefully inadeqaute to deal with the released product.

Please may I now have the complaints dept email or phone number?

profile.country.GB.title
straightbanana

Now I'm really angry!!

I call up and am told here is a link to have my camera repaired.

I spend ages trying to get the repair link for my purchased camera to work only to find that it is not supported.

I eventually use an older camera to get through the system and attempt to register my camera as a repair log.

I get the below message which is not only frustrating, but annoying and a total waste of my time.

Screen Shot 2013-11-28 at 04.11.26.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi straghtbanana,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

I have sent you a couple private message, to view your private message either click on the small envelope icon to the right of the screen or click on the following link - Private Messages

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Straightbanana,

Good news..:smileyhappy:

Thanks to my contact I have been informed that someone will be in contact with you today which hopefully will lead to a solution for you..

Could you confirm that you have been contacted please.?

profile.country.GB.title
straightbanana

Yep That worked. Camera now accepted and received by SCS.

Thank you.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Excellent and you're welcome glad I was able to help..