Join now - be part of our community!

PMB software update - fails HX9v.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
rholmesa
New

PMB software update - fails HX9v.

I have just purchased a DSC-HX9V and each time I plug it into my Macbook, it says there is a later version of the software and lets me download it.

Problem is when I come to install it - it says there is not enough space on PMBPortable disc (which is the camera) - please delete unwanted files.

Well - I don't fancy just deleting files that were already in the camera....

Any suggestions on what is safe to delete, or maybe other ways of saving space to allow the update to proceed?

Thanks

Message was edited by: rholmesa

Message was edited by: rholmesa

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi rholmesa, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

What was the name of the software you downloaded?

If the computer is prompting you to download software (and not camera firmware) then it should be installed on the computer, not the camera.

When you're asked to select a destination for software downloads, always choose another storage device such as your Mac's internal hard drive.

Unlike firmware updates, you can safely ignore all software updates for the Mac, with the possible exception of GPS assist data. If it's a GPS update you're referring to, let me know and I'll explain how to deal with it.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mick2011
New

Hi rholmesa, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

What was the name of the software you downloaded?

If the computer is prompting you to download software (and not camera firmware) then it should be installed on the computer, not the camera.

When you're asked to select a destination for software downloads, always choose another storage device such as your Mac's internal hard drive.

Unlike firmware updates, you can safely ignore all software updates for the Mac, with the possible exception of GPS assist data. If it's a GPS update you're referring to, let me know and I'll explain how to deal with it.

Cheers

Mick

PWHILTON
Visitor

could you explain how to update my hx9 gps data please

profile.country.GB.title
tescodan
New

Mick was there a fix to your original questions, as i have the same issue, only on iMac

Dan

Mick2011
New

Hi Dan, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

There was no update to the question; if you're on a Mac you can safely ignore prompts to download PMB software, as you can't run PMB on a Mac.

Cheers

Mick