Join now - be part of our community!

No image on the viewer

SOLVED
profile.country.es_ES.title
Phonsus
Visitor

No image on the viewer

I have a Cyber-Shot DSC T33, I have not used it (was misplaced) for more than one year,

I charged the battery and it turns On and Off fine I can set it fine, but when I want to take a picture

there is no image on the viewer it only shows my settings. I have tryed the same Memory card on another camera and it works fine.

I have reset the camera, and did not help

Is there a way for me to fix this or do I need to take it to the Sony service shop?

Thank you in advance for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Completely black images does make it sound like there is an internal fault.I had this once and it turned out I had left the lens cap on - I wish your issue was as simple to fix!

It may be worth taking it to a local camera shop to see how much it would cost to get it fixed. At the very least, it may be worth selling on eBay as 'Faulty' to get a few quid towards another camera :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Mick2011
New

Hi Phonsus, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

You probably have a flat internal battery due to it being left for so long without a charge in the main battery. The best thing is to charge the camera for at least 24 hours using the AC cord. Hopefully the camera will then perform as expected; if not get back to us.

Cheers

Mick

Phonsus
Visitor

Hello Micky, thank you for the welcome.

I have charged the battery as you say, the flash shoots well, so I do not think

the battery inside is flat, albeit, I would plug it in again to AC cord and will report

to you.

Again thank you very much

Phonsus
Visitor

Hello Mick, after charging the battery direct to the AC cord, I still don´t see an image, I am attaching a photo of the viewer, hopefully you can tell me what do .Sorry for the poor picture, but I think its good enough to see.

Thank youScreen Shot 2012-07-09 at 13.50.04.png

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Phonsus - and of course Mick :slight_smile:

Now that it is plugged in, when you take an image even if it does not show up on the screen, is it visible on the memory card when you insert it into an external card reader on a PC or other viewing device? If not, that may indicate a physical fault within the camera.

Thanks,

Simon

Phonsus
Visitor

Hello Simon:

I have taken a few images, with flash and without it, and when I insert the memory card to my computer I get all the pictures black.

II have tested the Memory Card on another camara and it seems to work fine.

Maybe my camera is ready for the trash ( I hope not)

Thank you

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Completely black images does make it sound like there is an internal fault.I had this once and it turned out I had left the lens cap on - I wish your issue was as simple to fix!

It may be worth taking it to a local camera shop to see how much it would cost to get it fixed. At the very least, it may be worth selling on eBay as 'Faulty' to get a few quid towards another camera :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Simon

Phonsus
Visitor

Hello again Simon:

Fortunately that model of Cyber-Shot does not have a lens cap.

So it has to be what you said "an internal fault"

I have seen prices on this particular camera and I don´t think it is

worth take to a service shop.

Thank you Simon and Mick