Join now - be part of our community!

Is there any method to turn off microphone in HX9V?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
abduljamilch
Visitor

Is there any method to turn off microphone in HX9V?

While recording movies, many times it is not suitable to record audio. Is there any method to turn off the microphone in HX9v? or replace it with some alternate stock music?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello abduljamilch - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I cannot see an option in the menu that will reduce the recording volume, however this is something that can be done in the majority of video editing software packages - both paid for and free of charge. Windows Movie Maker (if you have a Windows PC) may even already be installed but if it isn't, it can be downloaded from here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/movie-maker-get-started

There are various other options available online which are free of charge - in all of them replacing the background audio with stock music is pretty straightforward.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello abduljamilch - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I cannot see an option in the menu that will reduce the recording volume, however this is something that can be done in the majority of video editing software packages - both paid for and free of charge. Windows Movie Maker (if you have a Windows PC) may even already be installed but if it isn't, it can be downloaded from here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/movie-maker-get-started

There are various other options available online which are free of charge - in all of them replacing the background audio with stock music is pretty straightforward.

Thanks,

Simon

abduljamilch
Visitor

Thanks a lot for the response. But isn't it amazing that the camera do not have this as a built-in feature.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

The only possible explanation that I can think of is that this feature wasn't included due to it being relatively easy to do nowadays with various bits of free software. Having said that, I am aware of other models that allow you to adjust the recording volume right down to zero.

Thanks,

Simon