Hx200V Battery stuck in Camera release button will not release it

profile.country.en_GB.title
tapler
Visitor

Hx200V Battery stuck in Camera release button will not release it

Hi

Sony HX200V

Please can you help

Absolutely love the camera, I have Sony A900 and A850 with all the lenses which are also superb!!!.

When I want to go light or on Holiday I take the HX200V it does all that the above does  . . .and fits in my pocket!!!

My first problem . . . as I take lots of Photos I bought a compatible battery and fitted it but the release catch will not release the battery  . . . it still charges and works ok but now I cannot use two charged up batteries.

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Mick2011
New

Hi :slight_smile:

I'm not sure what the problem is here :thinking:

Perhaps using a genuine Sony battery would be the solution?

Cheers

Mick

tapler
Visitor

Hi Mick

Absolutely yes Michael . . . I know what I should have done . . .and I am very sorry and will not do it again promise!!! :dizzy:  . . . .but please do you know of any workaround to get that nasty little battery out? as I now have a brilliant camera and a very lonely:smileysad: genuine sony battery just wanting to be used.

many thanks

Mick2011
New

Sorry, I have no idea! It could be anything preventing the release from working. Being a non-standard battery, I have no reference for the problem.

All I can suggest is taking it to a repair centre and asking them to have a look at it :thinking:

Mick

tapler
Visitor

Thanks for trying to help Mick!!

many thanks