Join now - be part of our community!

HX100V Disable preview of taken pictures in display

profile.country.da_DK.title
macca55
New

HX100V Disable preview of taken pictures in display

I'd love to know if it's possible to disable the display of the newly captured image from the camera is quickly ready again. I think it was possible for DCS HX1

regards macca55

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello macca55 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Looking at the manual and user guide, this doesn't look like something that is possible with this camera (if another HX100V owner knows otherwise - please say!).

To generally speed up the time taken for the camera to be ready for the next shot, you could try reducing the resolution / image size so that the size of the image file is kept to a minimum (with the high resolution of modern cameras, you usually find that the highest quality settings are only really necessary if you intend to get larger prints made). To adjust this setting, full options are described in this section of the user guide:

http://www.iliketheinternet.com/HX100V/contents/06/02/08/08.html

Higher speed memory cards will also cut down on the time between shots, but it may be more convenient to adjust the image size / quality first.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.en_GB.title
tetrapackage
Visitor

The best option to do is to disable the display screen and use the viewfinder instead. I also have a HX100V, but don't have any idea if you can disable the newly captured image to display if the screen is enabled.

profile.country.da_DK.title
macca55
New

Thanks for the answers to both blaireau_photo and tetrapackage.

Many cameras allow in the menu to turn off quick viewing. I use an SD XC card, so I will try to reduce the image size.

Best regards macca55