Join now - be part of our community!

Hx100v D-Range

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
AlfieBramble
Visitor

Hx100v D-Range

Having looked at two photos of the same subject, I notice that I have generated a very flat and quite interesting effect on the second photo.  I wondered how I had done this.   Having looked at the properties of the two images, the only change would appear to be in the D-Range Optimiser.  On one shot it is set to 'Standard'; on the other it is set to 'Off'.  I would like to experiment with this but where did I change the setting?   Anybody know how I did this?  Many Thanks  Alfie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

The scene mode which uses HDR technology is the "Backlight Correction HDR", see

http://www.iliketheinternet.com/HX100V/contents/06/02/03/03.html

"Allows you to shoot three images having different exposures to create a single image with a greater range of gradation. The camera combines the dark parts of an image taken with a bright exposure setting and the bright parts of an image taken with a dark exposure setting."

There is no separate D-Range Optimizer (DRO setting, known from Alpha, Nex and some previous cybershot).

in iAUTO+ mode the camera may choose the HDR mode, which is indication by the sun+ icon.

Message was edited by: cmosse

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello AlfieBramble - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The HDR settings for this camera can be found in the SCN menu within the camera. This can be also found within the manual with an explanation of the settings here:

If it has been turned on, it will always save mutliple images and then combine them.

Thanks,

Simon

AlfieBramble
Visitor

Many thanks for that.  I will explore further.  I can still find no explicit menu item for the D-Range Optimiser.  As you suggest it may be something that is switched on and off as a consequence of the Scene /HDR setting.

AlfieBramble
Visitor

I guess I got lucky when the camera made its selection independently.  I hope it happens again!  Many thanks to you all.

cmosse
Contributor

The scene mode which uses HDR technology is the "Backlight Correction HDR", see

"Allows you to shoot three images having different exposures to create a single image with a greater range of gradation. The camera combines the dark parts of an image taken with a bright exposure setting and the bright parts of an image taken with a dark exposure setting."

There is no separate D-Range Optimizer (DRO setting, known from Alpha, Nex and some previous cybershot).

in iAUTO+ mode the camera may choose the HDR mode, which is indication by the sun+ icon.

Message was edited by: cmosse

cmosse
Contributor

yes in iAUTO+ mode HDR is used quite frequently. Of course you can manually switch to this HDR mode by selecting the "backlight/ sun +" mode from the scene selection

Best Regards