Join now - be part of our community!

E-code flashing, why?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Fickle
Visitor

E-code flashing, why?

Hi, I have a DSC-W170 which I have had repaired.  Since then when I turn the camera on, it flashes first E91:01 and then E62:12 continuously.  Any ideas why and how I can stop it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Fickle - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

These both appear to be internal faults and if they are not rectified by removing the battery for 10-15 minutes or doing a full reset using the 'Reset' option in the settings menu, further attention may be required.

When you had the repair done, the company carrying it out would have specified whether there was a warranty on the repairs i.e. some companies offer 90 days, 6 months etc. If you check this, it may be possible to get the problem looked at without having to pay again.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Fickle - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

These both appear to be internal faults and if they are not rectified by removing the battery for 10-15 minutes or doing a full reset using the 'Reset' option in the settings menu, further attention may be required.

When you had the repair done, the company carrying it out would have specified whether there was a warranty on the repairs i.e. some companies offer 90 days, 6 months etc. If you check this, it may be possible to get the problem looked at without having to pay again.

Thanks,

Simon