Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-HX20V No battery info on display

SOLVED
profile.country.sr_YU.title
zipsilon
Visitor

DSC-HX20V No battery info on display

I have a problem with battery in my new SONY DSC-HX20V. There is infoLithium NP-BG1 battery but problem is that there isn't info about how many minutes remain in current conditions. There is symbol of battery on diplay which shows several levels of battery capacity. On my old DSC-P8 and new DSC-HX200V everything works fine - there is mark infoLithium on battery and also number of remained minutes displayed near battery symbol on display. What to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zipsilon
Visitor

Dear Simon and others,

I've found what is problem. With camera I got spare battery for free NP-BG1 which don't have "info" mark. Unfortunately, I've inserted that battery first and problem occurs as I described in first post. Today I put NP-FG1 battery whith "info" mark and there is number of remaining minutes next to battery symbol on display. Now, I can sleep well :smileyhappy:.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Best Regards!

Nenad

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello zipsilon :slight_smile:

I have been taking a look at the selection of icons available on the camera screen here:

http://esupport.sony.com/docs/dvimag/DSCHX20V_HX30_HX30V_guide/en/contents/01/02/02/02.html?search=b...

It appears that for this model, there is only an icon for displaying varying levels of battery and an indicator for when the level of power is low. You would see a time remaining when in video mode but this would relate to the memory card capacity as opposed to the battery level.

Thanks,

Simon

zipsilon
Visitor

I'm affraid that you are right. Unfortunately, that is step backward (more than 10 years). Also, I don't know what's point to print "info" on battery when i have indicator like on every model on market with AA batteries? Anyway, thank you for answer 🙂

profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

The lack of a battery time option may also be due to the HX20V being primarily a photo device as opposed to a video camera. Of course this doesn't explain why it was included on other models but it may be a sign of the times.

Thanks,

Simon

zipsilon
Visitor

Dear Simon and others,

I've found what is problem. With camera I got spare battery for free NP-BG1 which don't have "info" mark. Unfortunately, I've inserted that battery first and problem occurs as I described in first post. Today I put NP-FG1 battery whith "info" mark and there is number of remaining minutes next to battery symbol on display. Now, I can sleep well :smileyhappy:.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Best Regards!

Nenad