Join now - be part of our community!

DSC HX200V

profile.country.en_GB.title
Rob262
Visitor

DSC HX200V

I have recently purchased a HX200V.. After taking a picture it takes 5-10 seconds for the camera to process it.. During this time I can't take any more pictures. Can anyone tell me how to change the settings to cut this process time down.. Thank you ..

2 REPLIES 2
Mick2011
New

Hi Rob, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The only time you should wait for the HX200V is when it's either combining exposures (either set to HDR or Twilight or some other multiple-frame setting) or buffering them, as you'll get in Burst mode. Be aware that Superior Auto mode also combines multiple exposures.

Ironically, Burst mode is where the HX200V really zips along, but you do have to wait til the multiple files are written to the card. This would suggest a faster card would reduce the wait.

If you're getting this delay in one of the 'normal' auto or PASM modes, you may have a fault with either the camera or the card.

Let me know if you need any more help :thinking:

Cheers

Mick

Rob262
Visitor

Thank you for your help Mick.. I am still experiencing a delay of about 3-5 seonds while the camera processes the picture to the card.. Is this normal ??  I have purchased a much faster card and it has not made any difrence at all.. Rob