Join now - be part of our community!

DSC HX200V - Playback

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mhmhafniyaas
Visitor

DSC HX200V - Playback

Hei,

I recently bought this camera, about 2 months back; it was working fine until now. Now I cannot view any photos I’ve taken when I try to play them back in the camera.

When I press the playback button, the word “Accessing…” is appearing in the middle of the screen and “battery life” and “no. of photos in the memory card” icons are appearing on the top of the screen. But, I cannot view any photos. Except for these icons, the screen is black.

20082012017.jpg

When I went through the manual, I saw that if the memory card was formatted on a computer, sometimes playback won’t display any photos due to folder organization/setting. However, I have not formatted the memory card at all (neither in the camera or the computer).

Even then, I tried after formatting the memory card in the camera and also with a brand new memory card which was never used. But, it is still the same.

But, the photos are being captured, I can view them on my computer and also when I inserted the memory card in another Sony cyber short camera, I can view the photos on it as well.

Message was edited by: mhmhafniyaas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mhmhafniyaas
Visitor

Dea Mick,

First of all, my apologies. I was able to solve the issue and forget to update the status of my question.

I also thought the same, but then, I had forgotten to do the most basic thing, reset the camera! I did and the playback is working now.

Actually, I was looking at the setting to reset it, but couldn’t find it in the first go. Then found it when I was going through the menu again.

However, am worried. If it can happen once, it can happen again and I would like to know the root cause. Whether it’s some bug in the firmware or hardware.

I guess I will just have to wait until it happens again meanwhile hoping it doesn't J

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mick2011
New

Hello & welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It sound as if you've done the troubleshooting I would have suggested, and it would point to an internal fault with the camera. As it's only 2 months old it should be covered under warranty.

You can register a repair online here.

Cheers

Mick

mhmhafniyaas
Visitor

Dea Mick,

First of all, my apologies. I was able to solve the issue and forget to update the status of my question.

I also thought the same, but then, I had forgotten to do the most basic thing, reset the camera! I did and the playback is working now.

Actually, I was looking at the setting to reset it, but couldn’t find it in the first go. Then found it when I was going through the menu again.

However, am worried. If it can happen once, it can happen again and I would like to know the root cause. Whether it’s some bug in the firmware or hardware.

I guess I will just have to wait until it happens again meanwhile hoping it doesn't J

Mick2011
New

This sort of setup error does occasionally occur the first time you run through a shoot/download cycle and once corrected shouldn't recur.

If it does, I'd recommend returning it under warranty to get it checked out.

Cheers

Mick

mhmhafniyaas
Visitor

Noted above Mike, thanks for the info. I will keep it in mind.

Message was edited by: mhmhafniyaas