Abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du: 

Jetzt anmelden und Teil der Community werden!

FDR-AX700 steady shot

profile.country.DE.title
WilfriedVH
Entdecker

FDR-AX700 steady shot

Since 1 week I am owner of a FDR-AX700. The stabilization is realy not what I expected. Others (in this community and in other internet pages) complain about the same. The reason that I cannot be happy is because my previous Camcorder HDR-PJ810 is much much better, hence I am able to compare.

Changing from Steadyshot Standard to Active is a little better, but still not what I would expect for this AX-700.

VEGAS Video Stabilatization (funktion in MAGIX VDL) is helping out for a more or less acceptable result.

Else, the AX700 is a good camera with plenty of  interresting functions (see focus)

Wilfried

6 ANTWORTEN 6
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Wilfried,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.DE.title
WilfriedVH
Entdecker

I will update with more results in a few weeks after our vacation. Wilfried

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @WilfriedVH,

that sounds to me like you are not happy with the handheld performance, which is to be expected with such a "prosumer" grade camcorder.

For vacations and general "home video"-use a camcorder along the lines of the FDR-AX43 is probably better suited due to its balanced optical steady shot.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/handycam-camcorders/fdr-ax43

- Nic

profile.country.DE.title
CologneSupport
Mitglied

HDR-PJ810 features "Balanced Optical SteadyShot", the whole lens &sensor unit are stabilized;

you cannot have this same system on the lens/sensor type of the AX700 unfortunately

profile.country.DE.title
WilfriedVH
Entdecker

Hello Nic, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, the AX700 is quite expensive, I cann't effort to buy again a new one. Honnestly said, I thought that a newer and more profesionel model compared to my 5 years old HDR-PJ810 would not have the same stabilization.

Anyway Nic, thanks again for your comments. Wilfried

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @WilfriedVH,

@WilfriedVH  schrieb:

Anyway Nic, thanks again for your comments. Wilfried

You're very welcome Wilfried.

Just as an addition to my previous comment - this is the performance to be expected from the camera when using it handheld:

Above video was shot by me shortly after getting my camcorder, since a few people requested such a video in the comment section under my unboxing video.

- Nic