Join now - be part of our community!

SideView App and YouView

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

SideView App and YouView

Can anyone point me in the right direction for help with the SideView app on the iPad used with Android TV W805C series.

Since the update to YouView I cannot get the channels to download from the TV fully, I think its me just being an idiot... is there a good guide somewhere. Like the TV, the help is not comprehensive.

Thanks

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

The SideView user guide is located HERE - Which is next to useless in my opinion as it tells you the very basics which most people can figure out themselves, but thats it.

Can i assume that you are selecting the right region ?  Also try removing the TV out of SideView and re-adding it again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The SideView user guide is located HERE - Which is next to useless in my opinion as it tells you the very basics which most people can figure out themselves, but thats it.

Can i assume that you are selecting the right region ?  Also try removing the TV out of SideView and re-adding it again.

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

thanks @Anonymous The region selection was OK but removing the TV and re adding seems to have sorted it.

As you say, like most modern Sony guides they are top level only and generic. It is ironic the guide tells you how to set up recordings on the TV .. DOH!

Ths SideView app (iPad) does not allow keyboard entry with YouView either, it just says the TV is not at a keyboad compatible screen, even when in the search box.

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
GoochyB
Explorer

It's the same with the Android version of the app not allowing keyboard entry in Youview

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you please describe what part of YouView requires text entry?

Cheers

GoochyB
Explorer

The programme search page, which searches the guide for catch-up and future programmes - when using the TV remote it has an on-screen keyboard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  Ill check this out on my tv later, as its in use.  If i can replicate whats going on, ill report it to Sony.

Cheers