Join now - be part of our community!

No dolby atmos on Disney plus

profile.country.US.title
volverine86
Explorer

No dolby atmos on Disney plus

Hi there,do you guys have dolby atmos on Disney plus?

I just bought atmos soundbar and on Netflix there is atmos but not on Disney plus.

Just to say that im using sony xg9505.

Does this blody tv supports only netflix regarding dolby atmos or what?

thanks for any help.

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
JtR1888
Explorer

The Disney+ app supports it on Xbox, Samsung & LG smart TVs, just not Sony

I feel Sony is a big enough brand to enable this, a little frustrating as even BT Sport app supports it on HDR streams.

Oh, I completely reset TV yesterday as the internet stopped working on it (both WiFi and wired) whilst the internet is back, the app still only 1 not to work properly

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

issue is with the app... known issue from disney since beginning of disney+ launch service.

There are tons of topics about that issue in various AV forum.

Just deal with it for now coz it's not Sony issue but disney's and they don't seem to care at all.....

profile.country.GB.title
JtR1888
Explorer

Yup, fathomed this out already, just frustrating that a company like Sony cant get the latest app needed to fix this, until then, I'll have to use other sources for Atmos :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
neilwatts13

Just bumping this…. Seems it’s now finally supported!
I have a kd-43xh8505 with a ht-zf9 sound bar and rears, and it’s now outputting both Dolby Vision and Atmos. The program descriptions on the app now clearly state support for both 👍🏼

profile.country.GB.title
CyberWoogy

Definitely, some content, not all, is starting to become available.

If you're able to cross reference the Disney+ app on other hardware, not all Atmos is available yet but, it's a very welcome step in the right direction.