Join now - be part of our community!

New TV Problem

SOLVED
Pocketacer

New TV Problem

Hi, just bought a kdl50w809cbu, when it's been turned off for a while I'm able to switch the to on, goes straight to my hdmi channel (TiVo box) but there is no sound and remote buttons and to buttons are all unresponsive, have to pull the plug out the back to get it working. Has happened three times now. Anyone else had this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Reset it to factory settings, it solves most of the problems after a fw upgrade.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Reset it to factory settings, it solves most of the problems after a fw upgrade.

Pocketacer

Nice one, did a factory reset, fingers crossed it will be ok when I get back home, I'll let you know, thanks

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Ok let us know if it works! Mine is working really well after the reset (even if it tooks some times to riapply all the setting and download all the apps...)

Pocketacer

Thanks mate, the "Mrs" says its working ok now. Hopefully won't have anymore problems, loving the tv:)

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

So it's the same also in UK: our Mrs are the real boss everywhere! :slight_smile:
whoisandwhoisnt
Explorer

I have exactly the same problem...once the TV has been turned off for a while (eg overnight) when I switch it on, the picture is fine but there is no sound at all and the remote control is completely unresponsive. The TV has to be unplugged and then switched back on, after which everything works fine (until the next time it has been switched off for a while) 

My firmware is up to date. 

Model Sony Bravia KDL-55W755C

Is there any other solution than doing a factory reset as I have a lot of settings, apps etc saved to the system?

Thanks in advance

Pocketacer

I really would do a factory reset and deal with losing your apps, mines been working flawlessly since, maybe there is a backup app you could download from the play store with saves your set up

whoisandwhoisnt
Explorer

Ok - attempted a factory reset. 

Over two hours later I now have a completely black screen, with no response to any button press. 

The LED light is illuminated, but nothing else. 

Worried that I've bricked my TV

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I heard it happening to someone once. Try unplugging from main and left it disconnected some minutes for two or three times until you see the Android logo coming again.