Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65AG9

SOLVED
profile.country.SK.title
ruzicka851
Explorer

KD-65AG9

Hi, I´m getting no sound via eARC to my AV receiver (SONY STR-DB850) . I even tried another AV receiver (Denon) and change the HDMI cable but the same results. When I connect the eARC input TV detects an eARC compatible device, prompts me to setting but only black screen appears. Already tried all the recommendations from Sony web (power offs etc..) except the TV factory reset. Anybody a suggestion?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.SK.title
ruzicka851
Explorer

Factory reset did fix the eARC problem, however optical out still not working.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

?

After connecting the TV to your audio system, press the HOME button, then select [Settings] — [Display & Sound] — [Audio output] — [Speakers] — [Audio system].

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@ruzicka851 

I can’t find that product. Are you sure it isn’t an STR-DN850?

If it is, then it is only ARC compatible, not eARC.

So if the TV is misidentifying it as eARC compatible, it will be sending it signals it can’t cope with.

Try locking the TV to ARC, and see if that works.

A further possible issue is that eARC needs an ‘HDMI with Ethernet’ cable, and are you sure that the two you have tried both meet this spec? If not, this might be why you are getting eARC compatibility misidentified.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.SK.title
ruzicka851
Explorer

Hi royabrown2

thanks for replying. Yes, sorry for the typo - it is STR-DN850 indeed.

eARC TV option I could identify is only AUTO or OFF. Cables are positively eARC compatible with Ethernet. I believe it is some kind of Android software issue. As said, the eARC input is detected and a "configure" option is displayed automatically, but when clicking on it only black screen appears. In the meantime I also realized that I´m getting NO sound even from digital/optical output, so it seems that the whole external sound mechanism is not working properly. 

Shall I go for factory reset?

profile.country.SK.title
ruzicka851
Explorer

Factory reset did fix the eARC problem, however optical out still not working.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi ruzicka851, is the optical issue from the TV or the receiver?