Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV app for display adjustment or adjusting via Chromecast

profile.country.IE.title
finnyboy
Explorer

Android TV app for display adjustment or adjusting via Chromecast

I've been trying to find a display adjustment app for Android TV in Google Play Store, but can't seem to find anything useful.

THX Tune-Up is only for handsets and tablets, so I have to use Google Cast.

However, that poses a problem: When I start casting the reference images from my iPhone, and then go into the TV's menus to bring up the images settings, the TV just dismisses the entire cast, defeating the whole purpose. This happens the moment I bring up the Action menu.

Is there any way to force the cast to remain on the screen until I specifically dismiss it?

Or does anyone have any good Android TV app for this very purpose to recommend?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @finnyboy,

I'm not aware of such an app that's compatible with Android TV (although that's not to say one doesn't exist).

I'm just checking this for you with one of our product experts and will update this thread when I have a response.

Cheers,

C

profile.country.IE.title
finnyboy
Explorer

Thanks. I appreciate that.

Why not make your own app for it?

Also, can you look into whether there's a way to force a Google Cast to remain on the screen while bringing up the picture adjustment settings? When I try casting the standard test chart I downloaded off the Sony website, I'd like to keep it on screen while I adjust the image, and it's very annoying that the image just disappears when I open the picture adjustment menu.