Join now - be part of our community!

Touchscreen issues

Nm10
Visitor

Touchscreen issues

Update: My local store took the phone back. Sony did not want to help me ! The problem remains unsolved.

I have a touchscreen issue with my device, and could not find a solution in forums yet.

The phone works generally fine, everything is fast and apps dont crash. But the phone does have its 5 minutes every few hours, which make it unusable.

The touchinput freezes randomly, but all the buttons, including doublepress for camera still work. Even youtube and Netflix videos keep playing without any restrictions.

The touchscreen is usually back after turning the screen off and on again at least once (no device restart required)

The issue usually appears in bulk, meaning that it freezes multiple times within minutes but can also not appear for hour.

Is this issue known to anyone ?

Summary:

Touchscreen doesnt work at times

Buttons still work

Turning screen on off fixes it

Apears in Bulks

https://youtu.be/2F77aSZI4J4

46 REPLIES 46
Jaelyxcz
Visitor

Same problem.. 😒

Nm10
Visitor

My phone is currently on its way to Sony for repairs via my local store. 

I hope the issue is recognized since the issue might not show up during their testing. 

I will post an update in the following weeks, if and how Sony helps me.

Alfieboy
Visitor

Yep got the same, was working fine all of March now end April the touch screen just randomly stops working. Sometimes pressing power button to sleep/wake the screen works, sometimes it need powering off. Have done a factory reset incase it was an app that caused it but still the same. Must be their latest update. Wondering if theirs a way to rollback update.

Nm10
Visitor

Update :

As of now my phone was send in twice, with no issues found.

Sony support just advises to return the device, which my store refuses.

Looks like a never ending cycle. 

I decided to give the phone another try and document issues that arise.

So far it only malfunctioned twice in a week... 

It would be helpful if others document their problems aswell to prove that the issue exists. 

mobi1
Visitor

yes my phone same issues pls resolve.....

Jaelyxcz
Visitor

Problem randomly disappeared for idk 3 weeks, but now it's back and even more frequent and more annoying...

pattiandy
Visitor

that's what mine did.. then finally , it wont boot at all

i will not send a 3 day old phone back to repair.. 

i haven't even had a chance to put a SIM in it. 

i had been researching a new devices to replace all of our branches S7s.

being that we have become tired of Samsung it was pretty much down to Sony, Moto and the LG.  

Failure to launch isn't a great first step and doesn't instill confidence when you need to order 5000+ phones.

side question.. anyone find drivers that work?

Alf1eboy
Visitor

Yep just started playing up again, have done factory reset twice, getting to the point where I'm going to smash this piece of crap up! SONY SORT THIS OUT!! 

pattiandy
Visitor

On top of that,  no drivers for Xperia 10, or 10 plus. And my XZ2 AOSP build was buggy.   I returned all 3.  I don't understand why have a developer program if you aren't going to support it.   Good luck guys