Join now - be part of our community!

Blocking a phone number

NeilMac
Visitor

Blocking a phone number

_20190612_151238.JPG

Why is the block number option not appearing? 

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @NeilMac, let me see if I can be of help here! 

Looking at the attached image, it seems that you have tapped and held your finger down on the number. This will trigger the menu on the picture where you can either copy the number, edit the number before calling or delete the call from your call log.

In order to block a number in your call log, tap the number lightly, then tap the option named "Block number". You can also block a number by tapping the three dots in the top right corner > Tap Settings > Tap Block numbers > Tap Add a number.

I hope that helped. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to get back to me! Slightly_smiling_Face

NeilMac
Visitor

_20190612_155040.JPG

Thanks for the response Martin. 

The Block number option comes up if I long press on some numbers but not others.  Any idea why this would be? 

Martin1
Enthusiast

Thank you @NeilMac for your quick reply.

It is quite hard to say what is causing the option not to appear. What you can do however is to clear data for the app. This will reset all settings for the app which might do the trick. In order to do this, Find and tap Settings > Apps & notifications > Show all XX apps > Phone > Storage > Clear data > Tap "OK".

Or you can as i mentioned simply tap the number instead of using the long press and the option to block the number will appear. Slightly_smiling_Face

Let me know if you have further questions!