Join now - be part of our community!

I'm not a good photographer, but...

SOLVED
DJAxcess
Visitor

I'm not a good photographer, but...

I've been a Sony user for quite a while now, while my last devices were the Z3, X and XZ Premium.

Until 2 days ago my Xperia 1 arrived.

First 1 1/2 days I didn't even touch the camera but set up everything for daily usage 

and as far as I can say now, it's bringing me well through the day as my XZ Premium did, 

on basic to moderate usage including a lot of Whatsapp, LINE, Facebook, Google Newsfeed, Android Auto + Spotify (while driving to and from work), Email (ActiveSync on Exchange Server), Gmail, Youtube and quite a bit more. Pretty unusual daily usage with around 2-4 hours of screen on time and still 

going to bed with at least 20-30% battery remaining. 

As I'm actually playing a lot of 4 k stuff for testing and showing off to my co-workers and friends, 

the first 2 days I went below 20% at around 9 or 10pm, which is still ok for me, as this time I'm usually home and can charge.

But, I still didn't touch the camera until now, and as I stated above, I'm not a good photographer at all (you can see how crooked most of my pictures are), and I didn't want to mess with any manual settings just yet. So for today, it was only my wife, me, fairly well weather with a short period of rain for around 30-45 minutes and a nice walk through my hometown. 

All pictures are simply taken in Auto mode, I just switched the lenses for a few shots. 

Sorry for it being a facebook album, but my wife loves facebook so I did her the favour 

to upload there so she could show it to her friends and family at home, too.

Long story short, there you go:

https://www.facebook.com/christian.gutsch.private/media_set?set=a.1092335930967422&type=3

Constructive criticism not only allowed, but also wished for. Winking_Face

Day 2.

Uploaded an album with sunset photos.

https://www.facebook.com/christian.gutsch.private/media_set?set=a.1093036364230712&type=3

DSC_0090.JPGDSC_0098.JPGDSC_0100.JPGDSC_0111.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DJAxcess
Visitor

My favourite shot so far. Taken in auto mode.

DSC_0116.JPG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DJAxcess
Visitor

My favourite shot so far. Taken in auto mode.

DSC_0116.JPG

Jamie75
Visitor

Nice pictures  

Can you please tell me, does your camera give you the option to take 21:9 aspect photos? 

Mine has only 3 options  

1:1

4:3

16:9

It seems odd to me to omit it. 

Thanks in advance  

DJAxcess
Visitor

Photos in 21:9 can be made only in the Cinema Pro app

by using the "Shot" button in the bottom right next to the "Rec" button.