Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia z tablet heating

SOLVED
Helpsos
Visitor

Xperia z tablet heating

My tablet is around 13 months old. I had a great experience with it untill 3 days back. Suddenly it has started to heat up a lot in just few minutes of normal use. It takes a lot of time in charging,thrice than normal. And then discharges very fast. The tablet hangs a lot. Please help me out .as my work depends over it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Helpsos
Visitor

Well actually I got the problem solved.  I checked the power management option in settings. And it was one of my apps suddenly went 'joker' crazy and was the cause of all the problems. 

I justuninstalled it and within few seconds of doinf that everything was back to normal.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Helpsos

I've experienced the same with my Xperia Z, but the issue wasn't the update (lollipop) but updates on Google's apps, the best way to handle this is by reinstalling lollipop with PCC, report back in 2 days

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Miffed

literally just started yesterday on my device, it got crazy hot and battery drain its insane, but this occurred after I updated a lot of apps, its ridiculous, but yeah, it is something that Google has to addressed, perhaps 5.1 will solve it. In the mean time, reinstall lollipop, it will smooth things out. 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

fair enough

Helpsos
Visitor

Well actually I got the problem solved.  I checked the power management option in settings. And it was one of my apps suddenly went 'joker' crazy and was the cause of all the problems. 

I justuninstalled it and within few seconds of doinf that everything was back to normal.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Helpsos

Great to hear that.