Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless mouse connection

SOLVED
pdes1
Visitor

Wireless mouse connection

I have tried a couple of wireless mice via the OTG lead and they work perfectly. However, when I disconnect the dongle then reconnect at a later time, I have to re-boot the tablet with the dongle in before it will reconnect.

Is everyone experiencing this?

Rgds

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
drlmiles1
Contributor

@pdes1 wrote:

I have tried a couple of wireless mice via the OTG lead and they work perfectly. However, when I disconnect the dongle then reconnect at a later time, I have to re-boot the tablet with the dongle in before it will reconnect.

Rgds

After connecting a USB device, you need to go to Settings/Xperia Connectivity/USB Connectivity/Connect USB Device. Once you have detected a device this way once, it offers to add a Quick Settings icon to do it faster. Rebooting will also work, but this way is a bit faster  :smileysmileywink:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
drlmiles1
Contributor

@pdes1 wrote:

Rgds

After connecting a USB device, you need to go to Settings/Xperia Connectivity/USB Connectivity/Connect USB Device. Once you have detected a device this way once, it offers to add a Quick Settings icon to do it faster. Rebooting will also work, but this way is a bit faster  :smileysmileywink:

drlmiles1
Contributor

BTW, moderators, this is a regular issue, and will continue to be for the forseeable future, as it is not at all obvious that anything USB connected via the OTG cable needs this hidden setting activating. This also works quite differently to other manufacturer's implementation of OTG connectivity, and even differently than many previous Xperia devices (my XZ & XZ Tablet don't require this). I suspect it has been (reasonably) done by Sony to reduce power consumption, as the phone or tablet does not have to keep checking the USB port to see if an OTG device has been connected.

Is there any chance of haveing a sticky explaining briefly how to connect a USB OTG device, for both the ZX3+ and Z4 Tablet lists here (I own both, and it works the same for both devices). This would save a lot of extra questions... 

pdes1
Visitor

Perfect! Many thanks.

David