Join now - be part of our community!

Touch screen problem

SOLVED
Gnopps1
Visitor

Touch screen problem

I'm having touch screen problems. For me the tablet randomly doesn't recognize touches during the below instances. In all cases either going to the home screen and relaunching the app or turning the screen off/on will solve the problem. The problems occur several times per day but not constantly.

• Sometimes opening apps will cause everything but the bottom android-buttons to be non-responsive. This can happen in any app it seems, including native ones such as Google Play.
  • Sometimes the lockscreen doesn't recognize touches at all.
  • While charging I've had issues getting the touchscreen to recognize, disconnecting the charger has helped.
  • Double-tap to wake seems to be very moody, sometimes working sometimes not. Sometimes it turns the screen on even by me just holding the tablet with my palm resting against the screen.

While not a bug per se, but the android-buttons seem very picky that you have to hit them right on the spot to work.

96 REPLIES 96
MiG_fi
Visitor

I made my very first post to YouTube because of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CTKUNBiwtc

Sony, what do you think, is this usable touchscreen?

I hope that every user in this forum floods YouTube with these until it's fixed.

DeGraaff
Contributor

@MiG_fi wrote:

I made my very first post to YouTube because of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CTKUNBiwtc

Sony, what do you think, is this usable touchscreen?

I hope that every user in this forum floods YouTube with these until it's fixed.

What do you expect from Sony? That they will repair your touch screen telepatically? Or that they will come and knock on your door to fix it at home for you? You need to send it in for repairs, there's no point in complaining about your hardware fault not being fixed if you don't at least bring it in for repairs.

treeder
Visitor

Same problem here. The most annoying thing for me when doing long presses on keys on the keyboard, it will type the initial letter, then open the long press box at which point I get two characters typed instead of just the one I want. It's basically unusable for typing. 

hannan1
Visitor

Hey guys last day I ve tested my Z2 underwater now my notificationsbar doesnt scroll down Slightly_frowning_Face any solution please
hannan1
Visitor

Its 2 cm nd Im having plastic shatter proof Glass like thing on it
cthulhaa
Visitor

This is happening to me to, but it's got progressively worse and is happening every few minutes now. I've only had the phone (z2) just over a month so I don't understand why it's already gone so wrong.
LasseS
Visitor

`Same problem here. The Touch screen is dead. I sometimes can force a restart with the power and the volume button, and then sometimes the touch screen is on again. But now, It dosen't work at all. Sony, wake up!

Rickard
Master

We have started rolling out a new software for Z2 Tablet, version 23.0.1.A.0.167, which has improvements for the touch screen.

Depending on where you bought your tablet, this update may not be available for you yet but please check for updates and update to this version when available.

GuentherW
Visitor

Dear Rickard,

today I received my new Xperia Z2 Tablet WiFi 32 GB.

I was able to update to version 23.0.1.A.0.167 - as mentioned in your comment - without problems.

But - the touch screen problem still exists. So - for example - when trying to move a link to another screen or if wanting to delete it - instead of moving the icon the app is started.

So as there is the possibility to return the tablet to the seller - my question is:

Should I return it to the seller and ask him  for exchange or can Sony exchange the tablet to a fully functional one? What is the correct - or better - option? - Or will there be another update soon to fix the problem.

Please be so kind and give quick response because if it is not possible to get a functional tablet I need to return it and all accessories to the seller within a very short time.

Thank you for your labour.

Yours sincerely,

Günther

Rostan
Visitor

I have this update and for the last week I've started having issues with my touch screen. Any suggestions?