Join now - be part of our community!

Touch screen problem

SOLVED
Gnopps1
Visitor

Touch screen problem

I'm having touch screen problems. For me the tablet randomly doesn't recognize touches during the below instances. In all cases either going to the home screen and relaunching the app or turning the screen off/on will solve the problem. The problems occur several times per day but not constantly.

• Sometimes opening apps will cause everything but the bottom android-buttons to be non-responsive. This can happen in any app it seems, including native ones such as Google Play.
  • Sometimes the lockscreen doesn't recognize touches at all.
  • While charging I've had issues getting the touchscreen to recognize, disconnecting the charger has helped.
  • Double-tap to wake seems to be very moody, sometimes working sometimes not. Sometimes it turns the screen on even by me just holding the tablet with my palm resting against the screen.

While not a bug per se, but the android-buttons seem very picky that you have to hit them right on the spot to work.

96 REPLIES 96
wy
Visitor

SGP511 sony tablet Z2 wifi

Does anyone face the same problem as me? I tried with two brand new SGP511 SONY Z2 tablet and both exhibit same problem. Looks like it's a design issue.

The touch screen became erratic and not responsive on several occasions and I noticed it was when it's placed in a cold room about 21 degree C or when plug into a USB power that has 500mA rating 
This cause the pattern login fails and unit was lock out.
kosumo
Visitor

Same issues here. 

issues reported 4 month ago an still not a single fix !

It more and more looks like it's a hardware issues but sony don't want to call back all his tablet... 

vipinsreekanth
Visitor

i have sony xperia l ,touch screen is not functioning

profile.country.en_GB.title
zaim7890

New firmware has come out that says it improves the touch screen.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/561237/20140731/sony-xperia-z2-tablet-17-1-2.htm#.U9ocNlWwKK4

MiG_fi
Visitor

Hi,

Here is one more unhappy Z2 tablet owner Face_with_rolling_Eyes

I installed the new FW(17.1.2.A.0.314) on Friday and it didn't fix this issue. I also noticed this behavior on day one and started to seach similiar cases on web and here I am...

Sony, give us feedback how you're going to fix this. Are you going swap faulty HW to new or what is your solution?

PS. How this issue was not found in internal testing phase? How is that even possbile?

RuneJ
Contributor

Just a thought:

After the upgrade on my Z2 phone to the latest firmware, I discovered a rather sluggish response from the touch screen on that, and the solution there (it runs the same firmware as the tablet) was to reset the data on the Extended Standby Mode Controller and then restart the phone.

-Settings-Apps-All-Extended Standby Mode Controller-Clear Data

-Restart tablet.

(I am thinking of buying a Z2 tablet, so I thought I would check out this section of the forums as well)

PerH52
Visitor

The touchfunctions works fine when I'm holding the tablet in my hand, but if I put it on a table it loose all sensitivity.

RuneJ
Contributor

Have you tried to reset the app-data for the Extended Standby Controller and restart tablet?

-I'm just trying to confirm if the findings on my Z2 phone would change anything on the Z2 Tablet.

DeGraaff
Contributor

There doesn't seem to be an extended stand-by mode controller app on the z2 tablet

RuneJ
Contributor

Hmmm, how strange if it is not there......

The tablet and the phone seems extremely similar, but I'm not sure if it is a Sony specific or Android build in app on the phone.

Note: On my phone it resides under All apps (not running, downloaded or buffered), need to sidescroll to All to get in in the list, then scoll down in the list. -Perhaps it has another name on the tablet?

(on my Z2 phone, if set to my local language, it is called something like EcoModeController......)