Join now - be part of our community!

Touch screen problem

SOLVED
Gnopps1
Visitor

Touch screen problem

I'm having touch screen problems. For me the tablet randomly doesn't recognize touches during the below instances. In all cases either going to the home screen and relaunching the app or turning the screen off/on will solve the problem. The problems occur several times per day but not constantly.

• Sometimes opening apps will cause everything but the bottom android-buttons to be non-responsive. This can happen in any app it seems, including native ones such as Google Play.
  • Sometimes the lockscreen doesn't recognize touches at all.
  • While charging I've had issues getting the touchscreen to recognize, disconnecting the charger has helped.
  • Double-tap to wake seems to be very moody, sometimes working sometimes not. Sometimes it turns the screen on even by me just holding the tablet with my palm resting against the screen.

While not a bug per se, but the android-buttons seem very picky that you have to hit them right on the spot to work.

96 REPLIES 96
James_uk2014
Visitor

Any more news about this?

Im just getting worried about whether to send mine back to amazon or not and get a refund. (ive already had one replecement)

I will also be wanting to get a refund on the charging dock and case, but only have until the start of July to send them all back to amazon Slightly_frowning_Face

bonerp11
Visitor

i bought a z2 yesterday replacing a z tablet which had screen flickering - now this new one has poor sensitivity.  May well return it this weekend and wait for the new samsung tab s.

Seriously when are sony going to get this right?!  Great design implemented badly.

James_uk2014
Visitor

Sony, are there any updates to this issue?

Sadly time is running out for me with amazon, i have only days left before i am eligible for a refund / exchange, i have already had one exchange and that tablet had the same issue.

So it looks like i will have to opt for a full refund as i do not feel confident that this issue will be getting fixed anytime soon Slightly_frowning_Face

Which is very unfortunate because i am out of time to send the magnetic charger & case back as i bought them previously, so will just have to sell them on eBay.

What a pain this tablet has been for me, it has left me losing out on money and now i do not have a nice new tablet that function correctly (as i wanted when i bought it).

For it to work correctly should just be a fundamental part of the device when you open it, you don’t expect to be waiting for months and months for an update to correct an issue that causes so much frustration that you don’t even want to use it anymore because the issue annoys me so much. Slightly_frowning_Face

I hope everyone else gets theirs fixed soon if Sony do release a fix.

James

sebsmax
Visitor

I also have touch screen problem when the tablet is connected to the magnetic doc.

I've also noticed that sometimes when i don't properly hold the tablet, the touch screen don't respond

anyway, that doesn't bother me much !

James_uk2014
Visitor

my second tablet is going back today Slightly_frowning_Face

really didn't want to send it back due to also buying the case and charger for it, but i dont feel like sony are doing much about this issue, and so dont feel confident it will be fixed any time soon, for my the issue on my tablet is really annoying and i find myself using my Z1 more than my Z2 because of it, think i will just stick with that.

DeGraaff
Contributor

A new firmware  ( 17.1.1.A.0.438 ) will roll out in not too long from now I think. If it improves on this matter, I'll let you know.

James_uk2014
Visitor

Can you confirm what the issue is? if its rolling out soon then im assuming the devs must know what the problem was?

Anyway this is all too late for me unfortunately as ive literally just sent my 2nd tablet back for a refund.

I dont think i will be getting another one too soon without seeing on here that people have reported that its fixed, everywhere said that .402 was supposed to fix the issue.

DMyers
Visitor

I didn't have this problem with my s3 but do have the issue with my Z1s.
xinhua
Visitor

There are many complaints about the touch screen problem. But I have seen many 5 stars reviews on Sony.com, Amazon as well. It looks like that some users encounter this problem while others don't. If Sony hadn't fixed it yet, I would believe that it's a hardward design issue. I won't spend $500 on such a product. Any news?

Visitor

Hello same problème for me.

French user.