Join now - be part of our community!

Streaming videos locking up with MX Player

SOLVED
Terry_Mccann
Visitor

Streaming videos locking up with MX Player

Hi guys, 

when using MX Player , VLC Player and so on I cant stream movies, the alwys lock up after a few minutes of playback.

When I use the Sony OEM player it works fine. Would be ok but a) it has no on screen volume and brightness and b) doesnt play all video formats.

Anybody know why all the other players dont work? When stored local, movie playback is fine, only happens when streaming from NAS. 

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rickard
Master

Hi and welcome to the community!

Hard to say but i would suspect it has to do with how you are streaming them (which app and protocol that is used).

If your NAS has support for SMB-shares, try adding it as a remote share under Settings -> Storage -> Remote shares and see if that works better.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Rickard
Master

Hi and welcome to the community!

Hard to say but i would suspect it has to do with how you are streaming them (which app and protocol that is used).

If your NAS has support for SMB-shares, try adding it as a remote share under Settings -> Storage -> Remote shares and see if that works better.

Terry_Mccann
Visitor

Cheers, will try that and let you know.

Terry_Mccann
Visitor

Rickard, let me introduce you into my night-prayers....using the SMB-share and then opening stuff with the pre installed File Commander it works perfect. Now I only have to figure out how I can access that share with my regular ES file manager.

Thanks a bunch.

€dit

Here's the solution for ES fm:

http://www.howtogeek.com/191378/how-to-access-shared-windows-folders-on-android-ipad-and-iphone/

Rickard
Master

Glad to hear that we could find a solution to the issue Slightly_smiling_Face