Join now - be part of our community!

Latest 251 update

SOLVED
Steve48
Visitor

Latest 251 update

I am seeing these reported issues with the latest 251 update, and was wondering if anyone has taken this update and NOT had any issues with it? I am a little reluctant to take this release if I'm going to have issues with the touch screen or the icons. Is there a way to rollback the upgrade shold I suffer similar issues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steve48
Visitor

Just bit the bullet and did the upgrade to 251 - all ok - phew! no problems with icons or touch.

one question - how do you activate the new portrait lock?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Thommo
Genius

You can but you would need to do this manually and would need a .ftf firmware file of the firmware you want to roll back to and a program called Flashtool in order to manually flash your device

Steve48
Visitor

Sounds like best to wait until the issues have been resolved, unless these are isolated and the general majority upgrade without issues. 

Alveoli
Visitor

I had no problems at all.

Update well worth it for the Portrait Lock.

I wish Sony would tell us what they changed in the update.

Steve48
Visitor

so you have no issues with only showing the top corner of the icons, with the touch screen or withthe keyboard icons overlapping the quick launch icons as reported earlier?

That sounds encouraging.

Anyone else on 251 with no issues? anyone any idea what else is included with this upgrade?

profile.country.GB.title
AnnoyedWithSonyUK

No issues for me either.

Had anybody seen a change log?
drlmiles1
Contributor

No issues for me either. Screen icons are OK, multiple taps on screen work OK, and it also includes a great update for the BKB50 keyboard

Steve48
Visitor

What is the keyboard update?

drlmiles1
Contributor

@Steve48 wrote:

What is the keyboard update?

See here and the following messages: Xperia-Z4-Tablet-Keyboard-BKB50 

Steve48
Visitor

Just bit the bullet and did the upgrade to 251 - all ok - phew! no problems with icons or touch.

one question - how do you activate the new portrait lock?