Join now - be part of our community!

Apps From Unknown Sources - Problem

SOLVED
Andy147
Visitor

Apps From Unknown Sources - Problem

Hi

Although my primary user account has "Allow Unknown sources" selected and I have no trouble installing apps there, I am unable to install the same apps from my secondary account.  It says I need to change the setting but it's greyed out in the secondary account's settings and not switchable.

How do I fix this issue?

Thank you.

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Let's wait for Rickard to reply.

alexdon
Rickard
Master

With Android 5.0, there's an issue with enabling unknown sources in other user profiles but this was changed in Android 5.1. There's a discussion about it here with a response from Google: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=79728#c179

As the latest version available for Z4 Tablet at moment is Android 5.0 i'm afraid i don't have any solution for you. You could perhaps try to install the app using ADB as described in the thread at Google and see if that works.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Thanks Rickard.

alexdon
Andy147
Visitor

Thanks for your response, but why is my brand new state of the art £500 Android table not able to run the latest version of the Android operating system??  And when will it be able to?

Andy147
Visitor

This "workaround"

"You could perhaps try to install the app using ADB as described in the thread at Google and see if that works."

is unbelievabley messy, I'm very disappointed indeed.  If I could return the tablet, I would.

Rickard
Master

I'm very sorry to hear that but as Android 5.0 currently is the latest version available for Z4 Tablet i'm afraid i can only advice that you keep checking our blog for the latest information on upcoming updates.

Andy147
Visitor

Why is the Z4 tablet not updatable to Android 5.1?

Rickard
Master

As this product is only just launching in markets across the globe i'm afraid we can't commennt on upgrade roadmaps at this point.