Join now - be part of our community!

5.1.1 many apps on sd corrupted.

chrishassony
Visitor

5.1.1 many apps on sd corrupted.

After doing the update the 5.1.1 I get a popup saying im 75% full move stuff to sd. I try thins and it looks like its worked but only a few apps move over. I then tried to manually move to sd (the option in settings for each app) and this crashes the device which restarts.

Now I get blueprint icons for many apps and no way to know what they are or remove them - when you click them it says application not found.

One of the icons had the name still present (on the home screen only) so I downloaded it from the play store and it seemed to work fine with settings intact. 

So is there a fix for this? If not is there anyway to know what the corrupted apps are so I can at least download again from play store. I have loads of games installed and I've forgotten which ones these are.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Please see this topic and do not create others about the same things:

/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Xperia-Z3C-issue-after-transferring-apps-to-SD-card/m-p/970607#M9612

alexdon
chrishassony
Visitor

Thanks for the link, I've posted in there. 

For anyone given the option to upgrade to 5.1.1 on a sony device I would suggest only doing so if you have no apps on sd and when you are on 5.1.1 do not transfer any apps to sd unless you don't mind losing them as there seems to be no fix.