Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless card stopped detecting networks

Spike999x
Visitor

Wireless card stopped detecting networks

I have a Vaio VGN-NR21S. The wireless card was working fine yesterday. However, when I boot up the laptop today the green Wireless LAN light initially lights up but then it goes out. No amount of coaxing can get it to come back on. I have toggled the WLAN switch and that does not work. When I try and conect to a network the card does not find any networks even though my other laptop does quite happily. Iam confident that all other components in my wireless nework are functionng corectly but the Sony will not play ball. Is it the case that the card is blown or is there something else I can try?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Spike999x,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Have you checked that wireless LAN is enabled in the Vaio Smart Network utility.?

Have you installed the VAIO Smart Network Update 2.0 - 2.0.1.11050,if not use the following link to download the: VAIO Smart Network Update

Spike999x
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Thanks for your response. I'm new to Sony's having used Dell's all the time. I found the Vaio Control Centre and the Smart Network Utility. Not sure how but the profile that I had set up a couple of days before had indeed been disabled. I selected the profile and applied it an lo and behold the WLAN card started responding again. I will apply the update as per your suggestion so hopefully that's that! Thanks again.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Spike999x... :slight_smile: