Join now - be part of our community!

why do my vaio fit 15E speakers pop when adjusting the volume

SOLVED
Birdj1989
Explorer

why do my vaio fit 15E speakers pop when adjusting the volume

My speakers make a popping/cracking sound when I adjust the volume or pause music.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Birdj1989,

I don't  know the reason for the popping/cracking sound but suggest you check in Device Manager for the current audio driver version and then see whether there is an updated driver on the Support page for your model.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Birdj1989,

I don't  know the reason for the popping/cracking sound but suggest you check in Device Manager for the current audio driver version and then see whether there is an updated driver on the Support page for your model.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Birdj1989
Explorer

Hi Rich

I checked in device manager and the drivers are upto date  

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Birdj1989,

I’m grasping at straws here but has this problem only recently occurred? If so try rolling back the audio driver just in case an update has caused the problem.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Birdj1989
Explorer

Hi Rich

The last update was when it was manufactured, I have had the vaio since August 2014

The speakers only crackle when they are first used then after a while it stops and they are fine. It like when their warmed up theres no crackling

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Birdj1989,

This is beginning to sound like a hardware problem and I suggest that you contact Support sooner rather than later for a possible repair. Although this doesn’t seem to be a great problem at the moment it may get worse after your warranty has expired.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Birdj1989
Explorer

Hi Rich

Its not a huge problem, I dont know much about Realtek speakers are they used in all Sony computers?

In reviews people seem to think their not the best for Sony

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Birdj1989,

Of recent years Realtek audio hardware does seem to have been preferred by Sony Vaio. I have had a number of machines using Realtek audio (Sony and otherwise) and have not experienced any problems. Also I don’t remember any other posts referring to this problem so possibly a one off hardware issue?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Birdj1989
Explorer

Hi Rich

Ok thanks for your expert advice it seems to be not that bad now, but if i needed a new speaker Sony would just put a new one in then.

cheers

Birdj1989

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Birdj1989,

Any repair under warranty would depend on the fault. The problem may rest with the audio chip or another component rather than the speakers, so impossible to say what repair would be carried out.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat