Join now - be part of our community!

VPCEE2E1E screen brightness causes buzz

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
horsehair
Visitor

VPCEE2E1E screen brightness causes buzz

Took delivery of a VPCEE2E1E at the beginning of October i.e. less than a month, and am now noticing that when I adjust the screen brightness (with either function keys or via control panel) I get a buzzing sound that seems to be coming from near the middle bottom of the screen. With brightness on max it's bearable, but too bright(!), and the only other bearable setting is about 3 notches in,which is too dim :smileysad:.

Notebook has been treated with great care and sat on a desk for most of it's short life.

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated. Big Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It sounds like the Inverter which provides HT voltage to the screen backlight.  This has been a fairly common comment over recent years and always seems to be worse on less than full brightness.

Some people never notice it but to others, once identified, it becomes annoying.  If it troubles you, then contact Vaio Support as the only cure will be a replacement part.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It sounds like the Inverter which provides HT voltage to the screen backlight.  This has been a fairly common comment over recent years and always seems to be worse on less than full brightness.

Some people never notice it but to others, once identified, it becomes annoying.  If it troubles you, then contact Vaio Support as the only cure will be a replacement part.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
horsehair
Visitor

Thanks for the advice - will do as you suggest as the buzzing is already driving me mad! :neutral:

profile.country.es_ES.title
abdo9119
Visitor

did you solve this problem?

Brava2016
New

My laptop screen does not have lights I cant see anything. I wounder if you can assist on this matter..

Sonetime when start it swich on but most the time  is not.

I hope you can give any instruction to sort it.

Thank you

Mohamed J Hagi-Munye

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Mohamed,

If possible can you try attaching an external monitor to see whether that works?

Also can you try shining a light (torch or similar) on the screen to see whether there is a faint image?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat