Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-NR21Z Left Mouse Button not working

Gibbs-
Visitor

VGN-NR21Z Left Mouse Button not working

Hey.

I have a VGN-Nr21Z, and recently the left mouse button has been playing up. Takes a heavy handed press to engage. I was wondering if there's some dirt underneath, but cannot see a way of getting the button out. Can You get new buttons too? One of mine has a scratch after my little brother got let loose with some keys!

Thanks

James

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi James,

If you are still within warranty (I see your join date was at ther end of April 2008) then phone Sony Support straight away.

The truth is that there really is no user serviceable parts in the mouse buttons and replacement is probably the only cure.

:slight_frown:

Gibbs-
Visitor

Replacement of the whole Laptop?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sorry No - not the whole laptop. Just the mouse buttons.

:wink:

Gibbs-
Visitor

Phoned them and they are to pick it up and repair. They said they will look at my keyboard letter G as well, as the button of this has all but come off. Problem is, if they deem the keyboard one to be physical damage (which it isn't, but I can see how it could be seen as such) will they charge me?
I was assured by the guy on the phone that they are taking it in for the mouse, not the keyboard, so this will not happen, but I'm still a bit worried about it. I don't have the money to stump up for such a thing, which isn't even my fault. I have to say, I'm a big Sony fan, with cameras, laptop, Playstation, Hi-Fi, Phone, etc., But their manufacture quality is letting me down. I'm on my third PS3, and now this with my laptop.