Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-V2M Upgrade to Vista

Jassi
Visitor

VGC-V2M Upgrade to Vista

Hi guys, lately I'v been thiking of upgrading my Sony VGC-V2M to Vista from XP, after seeing my cousins laptop with it. Has anyone done this? If so did you face any problems?

Secondaly would I need to buy the upgrade version of Vista, or a full version? How would I do a clean install rather then having my XP and then Vista ontop, any ideas if a clean install option is given?

Sorry for the large number of questions.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jassi,

The lack of Sony Vista drivers for your V2M could cause you problems, I would wait a while, also Sony have stated:- Windows Vista drivers and utilities are in development and will be released by the end of March 2007.

Have a look at this VISTA, Making the Upgrade ! thread, you may find the post from soneil of interest..

Jassi
Visitor

Thanks mate, i did check out the upgrades page of drivers http://support.vaio.sony.ie/downloads/os/vista/upgrade.html however my pc isnt listed? What do i need to do? Download drivers that are similer? however i will wait till end of march/april.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome, hopefully when Sony release the Vista drivers your Vaio model will be included..

Jassi
Visitor

Hi guys sorry to bump this thread back up but just wanted to know if sony are gona release vista drivers for the vgc-v2m, i read they was going to publish the full list of drivers end of march. I thought I'd check out the blue and still my system hasent been added.

Would this mean i cant run vista? :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Jassi,

The full set of Vista Drivers/Applications for your model are available from Sony Vaio-Link V2M Downloads

Look at the Installation Instructions for Vaio Zone - this will give you the order to install everything in.

:wink:

Jassi
Visitor

Hi thanks for that info, I went to the downloads section after seclecting my model, and clicked "Windows Vista Upgrade" which gives me a list of instructions. However do i just reinstall the same Bios Update available dated 11/18/2004? Or am i missing the point in finding the correct drivers for the desktop model?

Regards
Jassi

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Jassi,

CLICK HERE FOR THE AVAILABLE VISTA DOWNLOADS FOR V2M

If you click on the "Vaio Zone" download and then on instructions it will give you the installation order. There is no Vista BIOS Upgrade for your model - you will need to do the following installations ONLY from that Vista Download page: -

Installation order: -

Install all XP drivers if you are doing a clean install
Install Sony Utils.dll
Install Sony Shared Library
Install Sony Video Shared Library, VAIO Event Service, VAIO Control Center
Install VAIO TV Turner Library
Install VAIO Entertainment Platform
Install SonicStage
Install VAIO Zone
Install VAIO Zone Remote Control Utility
Install WinDVDX
Install WinDVD
Install Click to DVD

oldirty
Visitor

Hi Jassi,

CLICK HERE FOR THE AVAILABLE VISTA DOWNLOADS FOR V2M

If you click on the "Vaio Zone" download and then on instructions it will give you the installation order. There is no Vista BIOS Upgrade for your model - you will need to do the following installations ONLY from that Vista Download page: -

Installation order: -

Install all XP drivers if you are doing a clean install
Install Sony Utils.dll
Install Sony Shared Library
Install Sony Video Shared Library, VAIO Event Service, VAIO Control Center
Install VAIO TV Turner Library
Install VAIO Entertainment Platform
Install SonicStage
Install VAIO Zone
Install VAIO Zone Remote Control Utility
Install WinDVDX
Install WinDVD
Install Click to DVD

i cannot update any drivers when i browse the driver it sais that there is no driver match or something
is there something i can do?

Jassi
Visitor

Does this mean you are unsuccesful to upgrade your v2m to vista? As I was going to do this in a week or so. Just in the process of backing my files up and stuff. :tongue: