Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-V2M Upgrade to Vista

Jassi
Visitor

VGC-V2M Upgrade to Vista

Hi guys, lately I'v been thiking of upgrading my Sony VGC-V2M to Vista from XP, after seeing my cousins laptop with it. Has anyone done this? If so did you face any problems?

Secondaly would I need to buy the upgrade version of Vista, or a full version? How would I do a clean install rather then having my XP and then Vista ontop, any ideas if a clean install option is given?

Sorry for the large number of questions.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
novice
Visitor

If you follow the instructions it works..

1, You need to do this on a clean install (trust me)
2, You need to do it in the order listed
3, Turn of account management

Everything is now working as expected. I'll hopefully add some more details when I've put it through its paces.

Novice

profile.country.en_GB.title
xinam1982
Visitor

Just thought I'd let everyone know, I have successfuly upgraded my VGC-V2M to Vista. I restored it back to manufacturers settings first, then did a Vista upgrade. Then followed the installation order of Vista drivers listed here. Everything works fine now, including Vaio Zone and the Nvidia GeForce FX Go5700, but I had to get a patched .INF file to make Aero work. In order to make Vaio Zone work, you need to change the compatibility settings for it. Right click on the Vaio Zone application from the Start menu, click properties then go to compatibility and tick the 'Disable Desktop Composition' check box. Then click apply and ok.

Hey presto, everything works!